The ICE CREAMERY at Fort Hill Farms is open daily from 11:00am-9:00pm and features The Farmer’s Cow ice cream.
“Locavores” from all over Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island and beyond, enjoy delicious ice cream and some other great local products while walking the gardens, viewing some of our barnyard friends, and feeling immersed on a family farm.
Made with the milk and cream from our own dairy herd and produced by The Farmer’s Cow cooperative, our ice cream is super premium and extra creamy. Our own special recipes are created right here in Connecticut. Be sure to join our Scooper’s Dozen Loyalty Club where you get one free scoop for every 12 scoops purchased! Just ask for a card.
- ¡ Apple Pi (Vanilla ice cream with spiced Apples and Pie Crust Pieces)
- Banana in Paradise
- Blue Moo-Berry
- Cottage Garden Jasmine (Raspberry ice cream with a subtle hint of Jasmine Flower)
- Farmland Crunch (contains nuts)
- Free Fallin’ Chocolate
- Hay! Hay! Hay! Vanilla
- Knee Deep in Chocolate
- Make Peace with Peanut Butter (contains nuts)
- Midnight Rider Coffee
- Milking Time Cookies ‘n Cream
- Pumpkin Saving Grace! (Fall’s favorite flavor with Pumpkin Pie Puree)
- Red, White & Moo (Swirls of Vanilla, Raspberry and Blueberry Puree)
- Running Down a Dream Raspberry
- Salty Cow Caramel (Vanilla Ice Cream with Salted Caramel Swirl)
- S’Mores Please!
Much More than Ice Cream
A few years ago, Peter and Kristin Orr, along with their daughters Kies and Lily, transformed the garage of their old farm house into The Creamery at Fort Hill Farms.
Not only can you have an ice cream cone, but you can also buy pints of your favorite flavors to take home. The Creamery also sells the entire line of The Farmer’s Cow products including milk, heavy cream, half and half, eggs, seasonal cider, lemonade, and iced tea.
We are also proud to be part of the Cabot Farm Family and offer a variety of Cabot cheeses.
While here, pick up some great lavender gifts (bouquets, pedals, keepsakes and more) made with our own lavender grown in our Quintessential gardens.